Earning 300 million won a year while eating and traveling?… YouTube was believed to be ‘imploding’

 It turns out that the gap between rich and poor among YouTubers is deepening.

According to data from the National Tax Service, the number of businesses reporting income as solo media creators, such as YouTubers, in Korea has increased 12-fold in two years.

According to data submitted by the National Tax Service to the office of Democratic Party lawmaker Lee Su-jin on the 7th, the average business income per person of the top 1% (342 people) of YouTubers was 366 million won.

On the other hand, the average business income of the remaining 99% (33,877 people) was only 6 million won. In addition, the income share of the top 1% continues to rise from 28.8% in 2019, 36.4% in 2020, and 37.6% in 2021.

A single media creator refers to a business operator, such as a YouTuber or Internet broadcast host ( BJ ), who creates and shares content in an Internet and mobile-based media environment to generate revenue.

As of 2021, the number of people who reported income as solo media content creators was 34,219. This is a 12.3-fold increase compared to 2,776 people in 2019, and was more than lawyers (6,292 people), tax accountants (9,611 people), architects (8,122 people), and paralegals (6,783 people).

Additionally, it was confirmed that the income gap between singers and athletes continues to widen.

In 2021, the per capita business income of the 99 singers in the top 1% of income was calculated to be 3.8 billion won. Singers, actors, professional activists, etc. are subject to business먹튀검증 income withholding tax because they provide personal services as individual business owners even if they have an affiliated company or team.

The income of the top 1% of singers is 76.9% of the total, which is on the rise following 60.1% in 2019 and 70.6% in 2020. The per capita business income of the remaining 99% (9,761 people) remained at 11 million won.

In the case of athletes, the average annual business income per person of the 375 top 1% was 803 million won, but the per capita income of the remaining 99% (37,143 people) was only 8 million won. The share of the top 1% of total income fell from 49.6% in 2019 to 48.2% in 2020, but then rose again to 49.6% in 2021.

Rep. Lee emphasized, “In order for Korean Wave stars, sports players, and YouTubers to work in a healthy environment, income inequality must be resolved.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *