‘Massive rotation + Kwansa debut goal’ Liverpool lose 1-2 to Winnion SG…Group tops advance to Round of 16

Liverpool, who had clinched a spot in the round of 16 after topping their group, rotated heavily. And lost on the road.

Liverpool fell 1-2 to Gwynion Saint-Gilles in their final UEFA Europa League (UEL) Group E match of the 2023-24 season at 2:45 a.m. ET on Friday at the Constantin Pandenstock Stadium in Brussels, Belgium. The Reds finish the group stage with four wins and two losses (12 points).

The hosts deployed a 3-4-1-2 formation. Mohamed Amaura, Gustav Nilsson, Cameron Puertas, Loic Lapusan, Noah Sadicki, Lazar Amani, Alessio Castro Montes, Koki Machida, Christian Burgess, Kevin McAllister, and Anthony Morris were on the field.

The visitors lined up in a 4-3-3 formation. Ben Dock, Cody Gakpo, Cade Gordon, Curtis Jones, Wataru Endo, Harvey Elliott, Luke Chambers, Jarel Kwansa, Ibrahima Konate, Conor Bradley, and Quivin Kellerher.

Winnion swallowed hard. In the 21st minute, Amani played an exquisite roving pass from midfield to Nilsson, who was breaking into the box. Nilsson won a contest with Kwansa and fired a shot, but Kellerher made a good angle save.

Winnion took the lead. In the 32nd minute, on the counter-attack, Nilsson cut in from the halfway line and slotted a through ball to Amaura, who had broken the defense. Amaura slotted the ball past the keeper.

Liverpool equalized. In the 39th minute, Jones took a corner kick. He headed it towards the penalty box line, where Kansa caught it and wasted no time in shooting. The ball flew powerfully and rattled the net.

Winnion took the lead again. In the 43rd minute, Puertas took a pass from Amaura and fired a bold shot to the near post from a diagonal inside the penalty box. The rebound was quick and sharp, and the ball flew into the net.

Winnion’s goal was disallowed. In the 17th minute of the second half, Puertas found the back of the net with a simple shot off a pass from Amani, but there was a handball foul when Amani was set up by Amaura in the previous play. The referee corrected the scoreboard after an on-field review.

Winnion hit the ground running. In the 25th minute, Amaura sent in a cross from the left flank and Nilsson got a header on the no-mark chance, but it went just wide of the post. Then, in the 27th minute, Amaura fired a shot toward the corner of the goal that Kellerher dived to save.

Liverpool fought back. In the 34th minute, Ryan Hrabenbergh dribbled in front of the penalty box and found space to shoot. The keeper threw himself to save the ensuing shot. 랭크카지노

Five minutes of second-half stoppage time were awarded. No further goals were scored, and the game ended with a 2-1 win for Winnion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *