‘Going to the end of the championship’ KGC, SK in reverse… 7th match in 14 years

Anyang KGC, which was driven to the edge of a cliff, led the professional basketball championship match (champion match, best of 7 match) to the last 7th game. It is the first time in 14 seasons since the 2008-09 season that the championship match will be held in 7 games.

KGC won an 86-77, 4th quarter victory over SK in the 6th game of the 2022-23 Professional Basketball Championship held at Anyang Indoor Gymnasium at 6 pm on the 5th.

With the victory on this day, KGC, who made the series record 3 wins and 3 losses, will lead the championship game to the last 7 games this season. The long-awaited game 7 will be held on the 7th at Anyang Indoor Gymnasium.

KGC, which reached the playoffs by finishing first in the regular league this season, got a chance to challenge its team’s second overall championship in front of its home fans.

On the other hand, SK suffered a painful defeat in the 3rd quarter without being able to maintain a lead that once reached 15 points. In order to become the champion for two consecutive seasons, he was burdened with the need to catch the last game 7 on the road.

KGC, which was driven to the edge of a cliff, and SK’s momentum to end the championship game that day were fiercely confronted throughout the first half.

Both teams went back and forth from the beginning of the first quarter. It was KGC that took the initiative. In a situation where they were trailing 15-16, Omari Spellman’s come-from-behind 3-point shot and Moon Seong-gon’s goal were added to make it 20-16. 

With 3 minutes and 46 seconds remaining, SK changed the atmosphere by putting in Kim Seon-hyung, who had been excluded from the starting lineup. Jamil Warney’s three consecutive goals overturned the game. After Spellman rebalanced, both teams’ offense went to nothing for the remaining minute or so. 22-22, the first quarter ended in a tight flow.

The trend continued in the second quarter. Bae Byung-jun’s layup followed by Andone’s play, and SK responded with Kim Seon-hyung’s 3-point shot. Even after that, when KGC ran away, SK immediately followed.

KGC seemed to widen the gap to 36-31, but SK also succeeded in turning around with Heo Il-young’s 3-point shot and a come-from-behind shot. This time, KGC succeeded in reversing the game with Daryl Monroe and Bae Byeong-jun (3 points), Monroe’s two successful free throws.

43-43, 14 seconds before the end of the second quarter, Kim Seon-hyung made a clean 3-point shot, and SK finished the first half with a 46-43 lead.

SK, which gained momentum, began to widen the score gap at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. SK took the lead 53-47 thanks to Choi Bu-kyung’s defensive rebound, Heo Il-yeong’s 3-point shot, and Choi’s assist from Kim Seon-hyung.

SK, which gained momentum, was unstoppable. Choi Seong-won’s 3-point shot widened the gap to 9 points, and Warney and Choi Bu-kyung also added to the score. Warney’s 3-point shot with 1 minute and 59 seconds left at the end of the third quarter widened the gap to 67-52, 15 points.

However, KGC, driven to the brink, did not collapse easily. In the final 4th quarter, they really launched a counterattack. KGC followed up to 63-69 by adding Monroe and Oh Se-geun’s consecutive scores, and Monroe’s Andone play.

Then, as SK’s shots were canceled one after another and even turned over, KGC’s momentum became more frightening. Monroe and Oh Se-geun’s consecutive scores were tied with Byun Jun-hyung’s score. Then, after Warney’s shot was canceled, Byun Jun-hyeong’s three-point shot broke out. With 4 minutes and 18 seconds left before the end, KGC succeeded in a turnaround, 72-69.

KGC, which gained momentum, widened the gap to 78-69 with 3 minutes left in the end as Oh Se-geun and Byun Jun-hyung’s 3-pointers burst one after another. SK also started chasing up to 5 points again with Warney’s score, but this time Monroe’s 3-point shot exploded and KGC ran away with 81-73.

With 56 seconds left in the game, KGC consolidated the victory by running away 84-75 with Abando making a 2-point shot and an additional free throw. With 44.4 seconds left, Byun Jun-hyeong succeeded in both free throws, widening the gap to 9 points. In the end, the game ended with the home team, KGC, winning the match in the 4th quarter.ㅋㅋㅋ벳

In KGC, Byun Jun-hyung played an active part with 15 points and 6 assists, including 3 decisive 3-point shots, and Oh Se-geun and Daryl Monroe scored 18 and 16 points, respectively. Spellman also scored 13 points, and Lens Abando and Bae Byeong-jun also contributed 9 points and 8 points, respectively, to the band electrode.

SK’s Jamil Warney played a big role with 31 points, 10 rebounds and 5 steals, and Choi Boo-gyeong played hard with 15 points and 6 rebounds, but suffered a bitter defeat in the 4th quarter as his concentration suddenly faltered.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *